[ECOS] Re: Need Help--- For Porting RedBoot

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Tue Jun 27 14:34:00 GMT 2006

In gmane.os.ecos.general, Subodh Kotkar <subodh.kotkar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thxs Dear...

English usage hint:

It's usual to use "Dear" along with a name as a saluation in a
formal letter.  For example:

   Dear Mr. Edwards

   Thank you for your interest in our product line.  Blah,
   blah, blah...

However, using "dear" alone when addressing a person is used to
express intimacy or affection (you call your husband or wife
wife or very close friend/relative "dear").

> I got ur message..

Oh, and the words you were looking for were "Thanks" and
"your".  ;)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Was my SOY LOAF left
                                  at               out in th'RAIN? It tastes