[ECOS] Re: ARM FIQ handling problem

Sergei Organov osv@javad.com
Fri Jun 23 11:38:00 GMT 2006

"Rupesh Kumar" <a.rupesh.k@gmail.com> writes:

>> What version of eCos do you use? Latest version from CVS should have
>> some fixes for ARM HAL including a fix for FIQ handling. In particular,
>> refer to this one:
>>
>> <http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2006-02/msg00001.html>
>
> Thanks Sergei.
> This one solved my issue.
>
> I used the CVS Version and it is working .
>
> But when we are entering the irq mode we are disabling the fiq.
> so when we are in the IRQ Handler we cant get FIQ.Correct me if i am wrong.
>
> What i want is even if i am busy in the Interrupt Handler i should get
> FIQ.Can this be possible.

Yes, I think it's possible, but it requires substantial changes to the
ARM HAL. [And to tell the truth I think ARM HAL cries for re-design
anyway as current design goes against ARM architecture in every aspect
of interrupts/exception handling I can think of and instead emphasizes
its disadvantages.]

--
Sergei.