[ECOS] RE : [ECOS] Understanding CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD NUMERATOR DENOMINATOR

FALL birahim.fall@elsys-design.com
Wed Jun 21 07:19:00 GMT 2006

Good Day, I have successfully compiled and ran ecos on an oki platform.
I am however not understanding how to setup the NUMERATOR DENOMINATOR
RTC_PERIOD per my platform specs. I have read the documentation but I am
still not clear on what values I should use.  Specifically, my processor
is runningat 33Mhz, when the hal_clock_initialize is called, what is the
relationship between that and the above mentioned values.

Moussa
hi Moussa try this config:
cdl_component CYGNUM_HAL_CPUCLOCK {
        display       "cpu clock"
        flavor        data
        calculated 33000000
	no_define
	define -file system.h CYGNUM_HAL_CPUCLOCK
        description   "Frequency of cpu clock in Hz."
    }
# Real-time clock/counter specifics
    cdl_component CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_CONSTANTS {
        display       "Real-time clock constants"
        flavor        none

        cdl_option CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_NUMERATOR {
            display       "Real-time clock numerator"
            flavor        data
            default_value 1000000000
        }
        cdl_option CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR {
            display       "Real-time clock denominator"
            flavor        data
            default_value 100
        }
        cdl_option CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD {
            display       "Real-time clock period"
            flavor        data
            default_value (CYGNUM_HAL_CPUCLOCK/CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR) -1
        }
    }
khéweul!

FALL Birahim