[ECOS] Re: Problem with Config Tool on Cygwin

Tom Smithkowski tom.smithkowski@gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:06:00 GMT 2006

Hi John,

> This looks similar to the issue discussed at:
>
>  http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2006-q2/msg00065.html
>
> As a workaround, it is currently possible to revert to version 1.5.18-1
> of the "cygwin" package using the Cygwin Net Release Setup Program.
>
> Since the probable cause of this issue has been identified and patched,
> I will wait for a new release of the Cygwin DLL before investigating any
> further.

Thank you for investigating this issue. Just to make sure I am
understanding correctly, your conclusion is that this is due to a
cygwin bug, and that you would expect that to be fixed in a future
release. Therefore, no changes to configtool are required at this
time.

I'll try with an older cygwin version and post again if by chance it
is not working.

Thanks again,

- Tom