[ECOS] Flash driver

sumanth sumanth.kondlada@wipro.com
Wed Jun 14 09:34:00 GMT 2006

Hi,
       We are trying to write a flash driver for intel strata flash(J3) on
ixp425 product line of network processors, for our customized board. we are
using intel j3 starta flash.
We are using the multi-ice jtag and axd to debug our code

  1. Can we access the flash device in ecos directly?

 2.  are there any registers should be initialized before writing/erasing
the flash device (strata)?.
                                 ( i am writing the WSM commands
(write/erase) to that address before writing the data)

  3. Is there any freeware software for flashing the strata flash?(except
redboot( i am trying this))

  4. does ecos have driver for flashing the image into j3 starta flash.

    Please help me in this issue.

Thanks and regards,
Prabhu.k