[ECOS] why is it wrong to call cyg_semaphore_post() in ISR???

Monica Dsz monica.dsz@googlemail.com
Fri Jun 9 07:23:00 GMT 2006

> It's a trade off - do you prevent interrupts (hence ISR routines) from
> running during all data critical sections or do you simply not allow
> those [ISR] functions to execute code that might perturb critical data?
> eCos chooses the latter method which allows for lower interrupt latency
> by putting off things until the DSR can be safely run.

Thanks alot. this is exactly what I am searching for. I searched a lot to
find it and I read  alot but in vain I did not get it. Now I understood it.
Once again thanks for your explanation.

monica