[ECOS] Building eCos hello world

David Ho davidkwho@gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 13:21:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am attempting to build an eCos hello world app, but I have quickly
stumbled on an issue.
As I am investigating I found that the platform specific serial port
code is missing, and I noticed it is _not active_ because
IO_SERIAL_DEVICES is disabled.

Now does eCos have a default ecm file like RedBoot? (e.g.redboot_RAM.ecm).
What would be a way to enable it by default?

Thanks, David

cdl_package CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91 {
    # Packages cannot be added or removed, nor can their version be changed,
    # simply by editing their value. Instead the appropriate configuration
    # should be used to perform these actions.

    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES is disabled
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
    #     CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL == current
    #   --> 1
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
    #     CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91 == current
    #   --> 1

    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Flavor: booldata