AW: [ECOS] GDB doesn't run at i386 hello application

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Thu Jul 27 09:45:00 GMT 2006

"Thilo Hutt" <thilo.hutt@betec-engineering.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> sorry, I add the command "continue" and afterwards no more input to the
> terminal was possible. I don't't understand the gdb output
> 0x000108d5 in ?? ()
>     at /ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/language/c/libc/
> startup/v2_0/src/atexit.cxx:85
>  what does this line tell me? I think the application doesn't run, or
> perhaps the debugger stops actual at this line, which is the exit
> function from ecos. But where is my output of "hello, ecos World!".

It looks like you haven't actually downloaded the executable to the
target. You need to use the load command. Take a look at the eCos user
guide and GDB documentation.

That output line is just gdb trying to make sense of the CPU context
it finds after connecting to the target. In this case it is outside
the scope of the executable, so it reports the closest location it can
find within the executable. In this case that just happens to be
in atexit.cxx.

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts