[ECOS] devfs cyg_io_flash

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Wed Jul 26 09:44:00 GMT 2006

"Moussa A. Ba" <mba@embedded-zone.com> writes:

> I am able to successfully read and write from y ATMEL dataflash using
> cyg_io_read cyg_io_program.... I am attempting to use the devfs from
> CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO but I am encountering some difficulty.  I have
> selected the option to provide a block device from the flash driver
> such that my device is hat /dev/flash1
> In my test code I do the following
>
> mount("/dev/flash1","/","devfs");
> createfile("/foo",200);
> checkfile("/foo");
>
> When I run this I get :
>
> <INFO>: create file /foo size 200
> <INFO>: open() returned -1 No such entity
> <INFO>: write() returned -1 Bad file handle
> <INFO>: write() returned -1 Bad file handle
>

> I have not setup the MTAB entries statically as I assume that mount
> would take care of it dynamically, am I missing something?

devfs is no a proper filesystem, it merely maps device IO operations
onto the standard file IO operations. It is mounted by default on
/dev, it should not be mounted anywhere else.

For flash, the only filesystem supported is JFF2.

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts