[ECOS] Configtool template for Olimex SAM7-P256 devboard

George Ionescu george@eon.ro
Mon Jul 24 07:05:00 GMT 2006

Hello all ecos users,

I've just ordered the Olimex SAM7-P256 devboard. While waiting for the
boards to arrive, here's a simple question for you:

Since the Atmel AT91SAM7S is now officially supported, via the Atmel
AT91SAM7S-EK devboard, I was wondering if anyone has a configtool template
for the Olimex devboard. If not, how easy/hard is to do it myself? Any
pointers / suggestions?

And one more thing: is ecos an appropriate RTOS for the AT91SAM7S256?
Considering I only need threading and JFFS2 (no RedBoot for now), what is
the minimal image size I could obtain?

And another stupid question (Although someone said there are no stupid
questions, only stupid answers). Since I'm just beginning embedded
development, I don't really know the answer so: where is the RTOS's image
going to be stored? In Flash or SRAM?

Thanking you all for any answers,
Regards,
George