[ECOS] rltk8139 support

Surendra surenreddy@gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:31:00 GMT 2006

Hi Gary,

I have downloaded the rltk8139 folder from the CVS. It contains "cdl"
and "include" directories only. There is no "src" directory.

I found rltk8139.tgz attachment file in the mailing list. It contains
the  if_8139.c and if_8139.h files. By making few changes to these
files I was able to build the Redboot.

I was able to connect gdb to the target. However when the (gdb) load
command is issued the target dies and the system reboots.

Any ideas?

Regards
Surendra

On 7/19/06, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> Surendra wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have downloaded ecos for i386 target from the follwoing source.
> >      wget --passive-ftp ftp://ecos.sourceware.org/pub/ecos/ecos-install.tcl
> >      sh ecos-install.tcl
> >
> > My PC has Realtek 8139 NIC. I intend to build Redboot with ethernet
> > support, but I could not find any files related to Realtek 8139.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me where I can find Realtek 8139 files?
>
> eCos 2.0 (the version you downloaded) does not have this support.  You
> need to update your eCos source repository to the latest CVS.
>    http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html
>
> --
> Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
> MLB Associates              |    Embedded world

Surendra I