[ECOS] RE: Reentrancy of the ecos drivers

harbonne marc marc.harbonne@silicomp.fr
Tue Jul 18 11:47:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

My question is quite general, I cannot see in any ecos drivers provided with
the last version of ecos, a way to protect the shared resources.

As example, if you look at any display driver, we cannot see a semaphore
that will protect from a second task to access to the resource by
pre-empting the one which has the resource.

The only call I can see is a cyg_scheduler_lock and unlock to get/release
the resource.

But in many drivers such mechanism does not exist.

Can you tell me why?

Regards

Marc