[ECOS] SPI/FLash how to include in library

Moussa A. Ba mba@embedded-zone.com
Thu Jul 13 21:51:00 GMT 2006

I have written an SPI driver for the Oki 4060 and included in in the
ecos.db in my target, I have successfully integrated in my configuration
file as well.  However, I am not sure, what the procedure is in getting
the driver to actually compile   Just building the library does not seem
to compile the spi driver.  I created two components one for the
processor itself and another for the board that makes use of it.
I assumed that just declaring the packages as part of my target for
compile them.  I must me missing something.

Moussa

# ====================================================================
#
#      spi_ml67q.cdl
#
#      Atmel ML67Q (ARM) SPI driver configuration data
#
# ====================================================================
#####ECOSGPLCOPYRIGHTBEGIN####
## -------------------------------------------
##...
## -------------------------------------------
#####ECOSGPLCOPYRIGHTEND####
# ====================================================================
######DESCRIPTIONBEGIN####
#
# Author(s):      Moussa Ba <mba@embedded-zone.com>
# Date:           2006-07-07
#
#####DESCRIPTIONEND####
#
# ====================================================================

cdl_package CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_ML67Q {
   parent        CYGPKG_IO_SPI
   active_if     CYGPKG_IO_SPI
   display       "Oki ML67Q SPI driver"
   requires      CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_MLM
   hardware
   include_dir   cyg/io
   compile       spi_ml67q.c
   compile       -library=libextras.a spi_ml67q_init.cxx

   cdl_component CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_ML67Q_OPTIONS {
       display "Atmel ML67Q SPI driver build options"
       flavor  none
       description   "
           Package specific build options including control over
           compiler flags used only in building this package,
           and details of which tests are built."

       cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_ML67Q_CFLAGS_ADD {
           display "Additional compiler flags"
           flavor  data
           no_define
           default_value { "" }
           description   "
               This option modifies the set of compiler flags for
               building the SPI device. These flags are used in addition
               to the set of global flags."
       }

       cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_ML67Q_CFLAGS_REMOVE {
           display "Suppressed compiler flags"
           flavor  data
           no_define
           default_value { "" }
           description   "
               This option modifies the set of compiler flags for
               building the SPI device. These flags are removed from
               the set of global flags if present."
       }
   }
}

# EOF spi_ml67q.cdl

# ====================================================================
#
#      spi_mlm.cdl
#
#      Oki ML67Q MLM board SPI devices configuration data
#
# ====================================================================
#
.
.
.
#####ECOSGPLCOPYRIGHTEND####
# ====================================================================
######DESCRIPTIONBEGIN####
#
# Author(s):      Moussa Ba  <mba@embedded-zone.com>
# Date:           2006-07-12
#
#####DESCRIPTIONEND####
#
# ====================================================================

cdl_package CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_MLM {
   parent        CYGPKG_IO_SPI
   active_if     CYGPKG_IO_SPI
   active_if     CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_ML67Q
   display       "OKi ML67Q SPI devices"
   hardware
   include_dir   cyg/io
   compile       spi_mlm.c

   define_proc {
       puts $::cdl_system_header "/***** SPI exported devices begin *****/"
       puts $::cdl_system_header "#include <cyg/io/spi_mlm.h>"
       puts $::cdl_system_header "/***** SPI exported devices end *****/"
   }
     cdl_component CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_MLM_OPTIONS {
       display "Oki ML67Q SPI devices build options"
       flavor  none
       description   "
           Package specific build options including control over
           compiler flags used only in building this package,
           and details of which tests are built."

       cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_MLM_CFLAGS_ADD {
           display "Additional compiler flags"
           flavor  data
           no_define
           default_value { "" }
           description   "
               This option modifies the set of compiler flags for
               building the SPI device. These flags are used in addition
               to the set of global flags."
       }

       cdl_option CYGPKG_DEVS_SPI_ARM_MLM_CFLAGS_REMOVE {
           display "Suppressed compiler flags"
           flavor  data
           no_define
           default_value { "" }
           description   "
               This option modifies the set of compiler flags for
               building the SPI device. These flags are removed from
               the set of global flags if present."
       }
   }
}