[ECOS] RedBoot Porting: GDB stubs Problem

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Mon Jul 3 12:25:00 GMT 2006

Subodh Kotkar wrote:
> Hello all
>

> I am porting RedBoot on PXA processor..
> It gives me some GDB stubs after loading, on serial console
> so i tried debugging by placing some diag_printf() statement. here is
> the some code of my main.c file:
>

>  bist();
>     diag_printf("5:After power on self
> test");                            //no 5
> #ifdef CYGOPT_REDBOOT_FIS_ZLIB_COMMON_BUFFER
>    fis_zlib_common_buffer =
>    workspace_end -= CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FIS_ZLIB_COMMON_BUFFER_SIZE;
>     diag_printf("5AA::In side
> #IFDEF");                                    //5AA
> #endif
>     diag_printf("____5BB::OUT side #IFDEF");
> //5BB
>    for (init_entry = __RedBoot_INIT_TAB__; init_entry !=
> &__RedBoot_INIT_TAB_END__;  init_entry++) {
>         diag_printf("____5CCDD::In side FOR LOOP1");
> //5CCDD
>        (*init_entry->fun)();
>     diag_printf("5CC::In side FOR
> LOOP2");                                //5CC
>    }
>     diag_printf("6:After init entry
> function");                            //no 6
>    user_ram_start = workspace_start;
>    user_ram_end = workspace_end;
>
>    do_version(0,0);
>

> In above code it reaches upto
> diag_printf("____5CCDD::In side FOR LOOP1");
> but it never call
> (*init_entry->fun)();      function.
> I am not getting what is Happeninig in that function...?

That line is calling various RedBoot initialization functions.
My guess would be that one of them [the first one?] is failing.

Try printing the value of the entry point, then you can look
up the address in your image and find out where to debug next.
   diag_printf("Calling %p\n", init_entry->fun);