[ECOS] dropped UDP packets on 8270 PowerPC board

Paul Randall prandall@delta-info.com
Mon Jan 23 15:15:00 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have been having a problem with UDP packets being dropped on a
Freescale MPC8270 board we developed based on the A&M Rattler 8280 PCI
board.

I have added sequence numbers to each UDP packet being transmitted to
the board.  The application running on the board prints an error message
when it detects a missing sequence number.  If the board is only
receiving packets and not transmitting them, I don't get any missing
packets, even up to a bitrate of 5 Mbit/sec.  However when the board has
to transmit data, I start to see missing sequence numbers in the
received data.

I'm not sure where the packets are being dropped.  I tried adding debug
messages to the ethernet driver, but I'm not seeing anything so I assume
the packets are being dropped in the TCP/IP stack.

Has anyone seen this problem or know how I can find out where the
packets are being dropped?

Best regards,

Paul Randall
Delta Digital Video