[ECOS] file deletion / unlink problem

David Brennan eCos@brennanhome.com
Sat Jan 21 02:35:00 GMT 2006

Because the filesystem is buffered, the delete does not occur unless you
unmount the file system or an FSSYNC. FSSYNC is something I added a
while back specifically for this. (There is probably some discussion on
the Mailing list back in October of 2004, starting with
http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2004-10/msg00074.html). You call
it using a setinfo call with a FS_INFO_SYNC operation.