[ECOS] Re: ISR not causing an DSR in some rare conditions

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Fri Jan 13 19:33:00 GMT 2006

"Stefan Sommerfeld" <sommerfeld@mikrom.de> writes:

> I'm using a self-compiled gcc 3.4.3 for xscale. I'll try to compile a
> different version to check if this helps. I'll also try to setup a
> test system which should trigger this problem faster (not 24 hours) to
> do some more investigation.

You could try using one of the precompiled toolchains from the
website. We are reasonably sure that these have no unexpected
problems.

> I also noticed while searching for the isr to dsr delay problem that
> the scheduler lock count sometimes raises quite high (up to 10), but i
> don't have nested interrupts enabled.

That just doesn't seem right. I wouldn't expect the lock count to rise
much beyond 3 or 4 at the most. It sounds like interrupt nesting may
be happening even when you don't want it. If this is the case, then
that might also explain the lost DSRs. It almost sounds as if
interrupt disable is not working. I cannot imagine why that would be
the case, though.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts