[ECOS] Building GNU cross-development tools: Problem building Insight

David Lee DavidL@reoinc.com
Mon Jan 2 00:11:00 GMT 2006

Karel,
	Thank you for the helpful hints. So, you say that
I have enough of the toolchain built already? Great! I'll give it
a try! I hit the GDB snag and stopped in my tracks. Thanks for the push!

I also thought about trying an older version of insight/gdb. Yet, the official ftp
site only has 6.4. Do you know where they keep the old releases? I've Googled
until I'm cross-eyed and found nothing.

Thank you for the enouraging words, I'm sure this will become great fun momentarily!
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Karel Gardas [mailto:kgardas@objectsecurity.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:50 PM
To: David Lee
Cc: Andrew Lunn; ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: RE: [ECOS] Building GNU cross-development tools: Problem building Insight

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, David Lee wrote:

> Andrew,
> 	Thank you for the prompt reply. I look forward to getting eCos up and
> running. Also, thank you for the vector to the pre-built tools,
> However, one of my goals was to gain experience building the
> cross-development tools for myself. Presently, I'd judge the
> experience as 'unpleasant'.
>
> Thank you for the helpful referral to the gdb mailing list. I agree
> with you that 'This is [sic] a insight/gdb issue and has nothing to do
> with eCos.' Save for the minor point that these tools are used to
> build eCos for my target hardware. #ifdef NO_TOOLS #define NO_ECOS
> #endif

Why? You've already build all the needed tools except gdb/insight. Just
try different versions of those and I'm sure you will find the combination
which will work. Anyway, even if it does not, then you can try eCos
application (you already can build it/link it), although you will not be
able to debug them in case of any issue.

Cheers,
Karel

Karel Gardas                  kgardas@objectsecurity.com