[ECOS] __attribute__ ((packed)) doesn't work

Peter Seebach seebs@plethora.net
Wed Feb 22 11:32:00 GMT 2006

In message <43FC4A07.3070704@zurich.ibm.com>, Dirk Husemann writes:
>could you leave this part of the signature out? sending something to a
>public mailing list cannot be considered confidential and some companies
>have rather strict rules about receiving unsolicited confidential
>material...

The problem here is conflicting legal standards.  There are sound legal
reasons to absolutely require that ALL outgoing mail have that disclaimer
in some countries.  I know, it sounds dumb.  "The law is an ass."
Both companies are making rational decisions given the variety of atrociously
stupid laws and court decisions on such issues.

-s