[ECOS] ConfigTool crashes on latest Cygwin

Andy Jackson andy@grapevinetech.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 15:12:00 GMT 2006

I've recently re-compiled ConfigTool using a receipe that has worked in the
past and now find that when I run it on the latest version of Cygwin
(cygwin1.dll 1.5.19-cr-0x5ef)  it appears to crash just after opening the
repository. I've tracked it down as far as the call to

                        NewCdlConfig->set_hardware (DefaultHWName,
&CdlParseErrorHandler, &CdlParseWarningHandler);

which is line 962 in configtooldoc.cpp in my sources which are a week old
CVS snapshot.

At this point it all disappears into libcdl and the trail goes cold as far
as my ability to track it goes.

Interestingly, if I move the executable onto another system with an older
version of cygwin (cygwin1.dll 1.5.12) then it runs quite happily.

Has anyone else encountered this or better still found a fix.

Thanks,

    Andy..