[ECOS] Partitions on Hard Drive

Donald Walton dwalton@dramail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:21:00 GMT 2006

Continuing the investigation into why there is a problem mounting
partitions, other than the first partition, of a IDE hard drive, it
appears that partitions other than the first one are being ignored.

I tried to mount my IDE hard drive as /dev/disk0/1.  eCos printed "disk
lookup dev number = 1", which is correct.  eCos then indicated that
"disk read block=63", which is the start of partition 0, not partition
1.  Partition 0 ends at 782207 and partition 1 starts at 782208.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide,
Don Walton