[ECOS] Re: How to prevent flash tests from being built?

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Sun Dec 3 17:54:00 GMT 2006

On 2006-12-03, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

>>> It is a test, so it should be in the test directory.
>>
>> There is no file matching the pattern '*test1*' anywhere in the
>> build directory or under /io/flash in the source repository.
>
> Is this a tree you got for NIOS, or is it just anonymous CVS plus
> patches for NIOS.

I'm not actually sure.  I _think_ it's a post-2.0 but
not-too-recent anonymous CVS snapshot plus patches for NIOS.
I'll have to check with somebody tomorrow to confirm that.

I checked our repository under both 2.0 and current.  Neither
have a "tests" directory under io/flash.  The most recent entry
in io/flash/Changelog dates from 2004-09-05, and includes a
mention that test1.c was added. It looks like when we last
merged changes from anon CVS into our repository we somehow
missed the "io/flash/tests" directory.  [I find that blaming
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe on occasions like this is an
effective strategy.]

> I'm just trying to work out where the file got lost.

I'm confident it's our fault.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I will SHAVE and
                                  at               buy JELL-O and bring my