[ECOS] eCos

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Wed Aug 30 16:47:00 GMT 2006

RayGold wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam:
>
> My name is Ray Gold from Berliner, Corcoran & Rowe, LLP, in Washington, DC.
>
> Do you know the U.S. export control classification (ECCN) of eCos?  Do
> you know if a License Exception is available?

I am not a lawyer and this response should not in any way be taken
as a legal opinion.

As far as we know, there are no parts of eCos which are considered
sensitive or require any export license.  Any code which can be used
with eCos, e.g. cryptographic code, is not part of eCos per se and
must be obtained from outside the U.S.