[ECOS] Termios and waiting for character input

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Thu Aug 24 23:24:00 GMT 2006

Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the code below. I want to be able to block until something
> is inputted and then continue. The only problem is am finding that
> it continues even without anything being inputed. What should I be
> doing differently:

It looks like a bug :-(  It seems when ICANON is turned off, the
channel becomes non-blocking and will return EOF (or the equivalent)
when read.  I tried the attached program - on Linux it works as
expected, but on eCos, it gets EOF.

Jonathan - you worked the termios code originally - any ideas?