[ECOS] Interrupt or other trigger on serial connection?

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Thu Aug 24 19:46:00 GMT 2006


Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I have been asked to display a message to the serial console when
> a serial connection is established. What methods are available to
> me to know that a serial connection has been established, so I can
> display this message. Is there also something to let me know that
> the serial connection has been closed, so I can log out any 
> administration sessions that had been opened?
> 
> I a using an Adder II based card, if that changes anything?

There's no standard for this.  The best you can do, if the hardware
device supports it, is detect certain OOB [control] signals which
are only asserted when something is connected & turned on.  On the
Adder, you might be able to do this, but only on the SCC port as
the SMC port does not have any handshake/control pins.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
MLB Associates              |    Embedded world
------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss



More information about the Ecos-discuss mailing list