[ECOS] Configtool with mulitiple repository support...

Andy Jackson andy@xylanta.com
Mon Aug 21 22:28:00 GMT 2006

> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 , Andrew Lunn wrote:
> At the time it was added, John commented that it required some work to
> make configtool support this. So i was never added. To me it seems
> like the configtool is unmaintained anyway. If it stays like this, i
> would suggest it is dropped in the next official release. This is a
> shame given that there has been some recent interest in bringing it up
> to date with recent versions of xWidgets and make it build using
> automake.

I think that it is a shame that this situation exists as I use the
Configtool exclusively as my build tool for both the eCos library and our
actual end applications. Anyway, as such I have wanted the mulitple
repository feature for some time now and so was delighted to discover that
it is already supported in the CDL library. To that end I have created a
version of the Configtool that supports two repositories. This is largely
because it best suits my current way of working, but it could be extended to
support more if there was demand.

If anyone wants to try it, I have put an executable (cygwin only) up on our
web site (www.xylanta.com) and I would welcome the feedback regarding
problems etc. I believe that it can co-exist happily along side a single
repository version, but there is no warranty :-). There are no patches at
present as the changes are not particularly clean as I couldn't resist
reformating large chunks of the code, but I'm happy to make them available
or contribute them if they are likely to be of use.

In addition to the multiple repository feature, the executable also includes
a few other fixes and enhancements such as the ability to add/remove
hardware packages if desired.

    Andy..