[ECOS] dynamic loading

Martin Laabs martin.laabs@mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Thu Apr 13 23:12:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I searched a bit but I'm still not sure whether ecos supports
dynamic loading or not.
In fact a rtos do not really need a dynamic loader. But imagine the
following: Your CPU has some amount of internal SRAM and you expand
this with slow external memory. (i.e. slow SRAM or flash)
Now it could be advantageous to copy some code out of the slow
memory into the fast internal SRAM to execute it there.

I don't really need this feature because for me it's sufficient to tell
gcc the location of function/variables via the __attribute keyword.
But I'm interested whether this is possible or not.

Thank you
 Martin L.