[ECOS] How to use the ARM directive DCB in Vectors.S

Birahim Larou Fall BLFall@scmmicro.fr
Thu Apr 13 13:32:00 GMT 2006

Thanks, Andrew, where can I have the gas documentation.
Fall Birahim

Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Sent by: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
13/04/2006 15:27

Birahim Larou Fall <BLFall@scmmicro.fr>
cc
ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject
Re: [ECOS] How to use the ARM directive DCB in Vectors.S

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 09:53:30AM +0200, Birahim Larou Fall wrote:
> I have modified the source file vectors.s for arm achitecture, and I
can't
> compile theis file because DCB is seen as a bad instrucetion.
> packages/hal/arm/arch/current/src/vectors.S:517: Error: bad instruction
> `c_string DCB "C_string",0'
> How to tell ecos to support ARM directives (DCD, DCB...?

The problem is DCD, DCB are directives for ARM's assemble. eCos uses
gas, so you need to use the gas equivelent. I suggest you read the gas
documentation.

        Andrew