[ECOS] cannot find any platforms in the configtools

Tang Yi yitang@itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Apr 10 10:37:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I installed a new version of configtool(Redhat ecos configuration tools
v2.11) on windows recently, but found that there is no platform
(Tools->Platforms)
 existing in my system. And I tried to add one, copied from my previous
version under Linux. But whatever I put in the dialog, I cannot push the OK
button and add it to platform list.

 I doubt maybe I omit something while setup, but I cannot find out the
problems anyway. I used the setup-package from the CDs with Massa's book.
Please tell me  how to solve this problem.

Another problem is about the the communication between GDB and Redboot. We
use PC-i386 as a test machine. But both me and another guy find it
impossible to use insight GUI communicating with Redboot under Windows XP.
GDB and Hyperterminal is working well. And I also found it impossible to
communicate with Redboot (both GDB and insight GUI) under the Linux
enviroment.

I really appreciate it if anyone gives me any suggestion

Regards,
Yi Tang