[ECOS] Re: TCP/IP Stack - OpenBSD vs FreeBSD

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Tue Sep 27 04:17:00 GMT 2005

>> The FreeBSD stack is the recomended stack. It should be more
>> stable, it might perform better and has IPv6 support.

> Is there a differnce in the usage of RAM between OpenBSD and
> FreeBSD or these use about the same? Thanks

IIRC, they're about the same.

The FreeBSD stack does perform noticeably better (less CPU usage
under high traffic conditions).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. If I had heart
                                  at               failure right now,