[ECOS] Help: To create Redboot configuration partitions

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Tue Sep 20 09:37:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 12:04:35AM -0700, Cletus Pasanha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on IXP425 development board. It has 16MB
> flash.
>
> I am able to update the Redboot image using
> redboots.bin file to flash using JTAG. I am just
> wondering, how do I create the following Redboot
> configuration partition images to use them while JTAG.
>
> - FIS directory
> - RedBoot config
>
> Basically, my intention is to create the whole 16MB
> image and I am planning to add the Linux kernel and
> Ramdisk to it.
>
> Right now, I am using the prebuit image, which creates
> these redboot configuration partitions initially.

Setup everything you want in flash and the simply use your JTAG tools
to read it all back as one image. You will probably find that much
easier to do that assemble the complete image on the host.

        Andrew