[ECOS] Re: eCos Configuration Tool

John Dallaway jld@ecoscentric.com
Mon Sep 19 15:59:00 GMT 2005

Andrew Lunn wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 07:59:33PM +0200, Emilio Monti wrote:
>
>> Is there any plan to convert the "eCos Configuration Tool" in Java ?
>> It would also be usefull to better integrate the eCos configuration
>> in Eclipse.

There are no such plans at present. While I would like to see the eCos
Configuration Tool more closely integrated into the Eclipse workbench,
re-implementation of the host tools has never been high on the
maintainers' list of priorities.

> My impression is that none of the maintainers actually use the
> configtool. At least i don't use it, and always give debug
> instructions using ecosconfig. The other maintainers are also mostly
> unix people who like CLI programs and so use ecosconfig all the time.

I, for one, use the eCos Configuration Tool. I find that the GUI offers
a better overview of the configuration space. Many of my colleagues do
prefer ecosconfig. It really is a matter of personal preference.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited