[ECOS] RedBoot TFTP last block ack oddness

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Thu Sep 8 19:13:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 13:55 -0500, Andrew Dyer wrote:
> On 9/8/05, David Vrabel <dvrabel@arcom.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > RedBoot's TFTP client has two oddities when ack'ing the last data block.
> >
> > 1. It fails to ack the last data block when loading ELF images if
> > there's trailing data after the last section it loads (more correctly,
> > it fails to ack the first block it doesn't want).  For example, if an
> > image had a trailing .comment section.
>
> Perhaps this:  http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-03/msg00148.html
> patch would help.  I don't think it ever went in to cvs, but it's been
> way too long to
> remember.

Indeed, it does not seem like it has been applied (sorry if I
missed it, or however this happened).  Anyway, David if you can
try this and see if it helps (hopefully solves) the problems
you reported, I'll make sure and apply it now.