[ECOS] RedBoot TFTP last block ack oddness

Andrew Dyer amdyer@gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:55:00 GMT 2005

On 9/8/05, David Vrabel <dvrabel@arcom.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> RedBoot's TFTP client has two oddities when ack'ing the last data block.
>
> 1. It fails to ack the last data block when loading ELF images if
> there's trailing data after the last section it loads (more correctly,
> it fails to ack the first block it doesn't want).  For example, if an
> image had a trailing .comment section.

Perhaps this:  http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-03/msg00148.html
patch would help.  I don't think it ever went in to cvs, but it's been
way too long to
remember.

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.