[ECOS] how to test Redboot version/configuration from within ecos application

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Thu Nov 3 16:38:00 GMT 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 09:51:02AM +0100, Neundorf, Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>

> in our device we did something not-really perfectly in redboot. Now
> we fixed this and have a slightly different version.  We can work
> around this issue in the application, but we have to find out which
> of the two redboots is running on this board.
>
> Is there a way to check for the version or configuration of redboot,
> e.g. by using a virtual vector ? I didn't find a suitable one yet.

Why not use the VV call CYGACC_CALL_IF_MONITOR_VERSION_SET. This
returns the version string Redboot prints at startup. You can parse
this string to get the build data and time. You can then say that
anything built before 03/11/2005 is broken and anything after that
date might work until you find the next bug.

        Andrew