[ECOS] I/O auxiliary
Bart Veer
bartv@ecoscentric.com
Thu Nov 3 16:07:00 GMT 2005
>>>>> "gerardo" == gerardo rossi <gerardo.rossi@studenti.univr.it> writes:
gerardo> Thanks for your patience and excuse us for our insistence but we have
gerardo> some problems starting applications on eCosynth with I/O auxiliary.
gerardo> We have on host-side the following dir:
gerardo> /usr/local/libexec/ecos/devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/v2_0/
gerardo> that contains these files:
gerardo> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 44708 Jun 29 14:56 ethernet.tcl
gerardo> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5059 Jun 29 14:56 ethernet.tdf
gerardo> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 287 Jun 29 14:56 netrecord.xbm
gerardo> -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 21807 Jun 29 14:56 rawether
gerardo> Our PATH env-variable contains following paths:
gerardo> /home/rossi/ecos/ecos-2.0/tools/bin: "to start configtool"
gerardo> /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_01/bin:
gerardo> /usr/local/bin:
gerardo> /bin:
gerardo> /usr/bin:
gerardo> /usr/X11R6/bin
gerardo> we launch our application as follow
gerardo> $ ./transmitter --io -- <ip-addr> <port>
gerardo> or
gerardo> $ gdb --nw --args transmitter --io -- <ip-addr> <port>
gerardo> and the output we obtain is
gerardo> Error: unable to find the I/O auxiliary program on the current search PATH
gerardo> : please install the appropriate host-side tools.
gerardo> Have we got to include in our source files some
gerardo> particular libraries to use I/O auxiliary? Or we're
gerardo> wronging something when we launch the application?
ethernet.tcl etc. are only the ethernet-specific parts of the
synthetic target host-side support. You also need to build and install
the generic I/O support from hal/synth/arch/current/host, and possibly
the watchdog support from devs/watchdog/synth/current/host.
Bart
--
Bart Veer eCos Configuration Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
--
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss
More information about the Ecos-discuss
mailing list