[ECOS] - RAM File system

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Sat May 21 15:03:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 19:06 +0530, rpai@it.iitb.ac.in wrote:
>    hello ........
>
>            I have an application that uses data given by the user. So the
> question is how can i get data into the redboot , which format
> of file I should store the data. I am using the RAM file
> system....
>
>        Can any one tell me a way to get data into redboot...

Why would you want the data "into RedBoot?"  If the application
needs the data, have it fetch it itself, e.g. using TFTP.

If you want the data to be permanent, then you could keep it in
a FLASH image (managed by RedBoot).  Since the RAM file system is
dynamic (purely created at runtime), you may need to fetch the
data in some other fashion and then load it into the RAM file system.
Another alternative would be to keep the data in some other form,
e.g. JFFS2 or ROM file system.