[ECOS] installed memory detection ?

alfred hitch alfred.hitch@gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:46:00 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I am working on a IXDP425 based plattform,

If I understand it correctly there is no bios on it, and so for
physical memory on the system, redboot has to depend on constant /
#defines at compile time.

What if one wants to dynamically detect these ?
Why cannot we read the memory registers, while we are in redboot and
set up things accordingly ??

( I remember doing something similar while playing around in netbsd,
from smbus via open i/o ports it used to read the memory rows,
coloumns etc and find out the size)

I am sure there is some glitch in doing this, and I am missing
something basic here,
can someone please correct me here.

Cheers,
Alfred