[ECOS] Fwd: dynamic memory size

alfred hitch alfred.hitch@gmail.com
Tue May 10 07:35:00 GMT 2005

Hi All,

any suggestions ?

how does memory probe work ? any sample code one can point to ?
any dependencies in doing this one has on sdram memory configuration
controller registers ?  as I am not too sure if ixdp425 controller has
this option also ?

Cheers,
Alfred

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: alfred hitch <alfred.hitch@gmail.com>
Date: May 9, 2005 4:16 AM
Subject: dynamic memory size
To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org

Hi,

I have a perhaps basic question on redboot.

Is redboot able to probe the actual physical memory on board and pass
it on linux command line ?
I could only see the #define which fix'es the installed memory.

Say we have 2 versions of board, with different h/w memory configurations,
how can we probe and pass to linux kernel the correct mem=XXX size.

Please point to me the reference code / exisiting code / any patch
which has such memory detection thing.

( I know it can be done, as I have done it once on netbsd plattform
from user plane memory chips register reading and all )

Cheers,
Alfred