[ECOS] redboot entry point

Nickolay nickolay@protei.ru
Mon Mar 28 20:06:00 GMT 2005

Gary Thomas wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 21:18 +0400, Nickolay wrote:
>

>>Hallo Guys!
>>
>>Where is really entry point of REDBOOT bootloader?
>>I need this for insert debbuging info in code.
>>i found in /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/redboot/current/src/main.c
>>cyg_start function.
>>Is this starting point of redboot bootloader?
>>

>Yes, this is the start of RedBoot, although there is quite a
>lot of HAL and system initialization that takes place before
>you get there.
>
>What sort of debug info are you after?
>
>n.b. you should consider upgrading from eCos 2.0 to the CVS
>version.

I need debug my IXDP425 new board(custom work).
I did write redboot.bin on the flash via JTAG interface and try boot,
but see nothing on the console.
But three leds lighted. I'm not sure, what it is mean.
I did insert leds blinking in cyg_start, but think that system hanged
before cyg_start(as you say HAL and system initialization).
In what file this HAL and system initialization be done?

Thanks!