[ECOS] Event based programming in ecos

Tony Butt tony.butt@cea.com.au
Thu Mar 24 03:44:00 GMT 2005

Frank Pagliughi wrote:

>I'm currently reading "Practical Statecharts in C/C++" by Miro Samek. Some
>pretty neat ideas for implementing state machines, with examples for doing
>it with an RTOS. There are some articles on the web. Search for
>"statecharts" and "quantum programming"
>
>http://www.embedded.com/2000/0008/0008feat1.htm
>http://www.quantum-leaps.com/
>
>The code library/frameworks are released under GPL, but currently no eCos
>port. If I have some time...

I  made a port of Quantum Frameworks 2.5 to eCos a few months ago. I got
as far as running the Dining Philosophers test before I had to go and
work on something else. It seemed to work OK - but without more
comprehensive testing, I could not vouch for it's (the port's) reliabilty.

I will have a look for the source code, and if you are interested, try
to get an OK to release it.

Tony Butt
CEA Technologies
Canberra, Australia.