[ECOS] Redboot problem with EBD9312 - help

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Mon Mar 21 22:18:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 21:53 +0530, Mukund JB. wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Thanks. That worked and I got the board working with Linux but with no
> display.
>
> I am able to see the Linux prompt on the minicom console but not on
> the LCD panel.
>

> I am not getting any display. I am using the default Linux kernel and
> ramdisk.gz provided by cirrus. I found no X server on the board & I
> also find the relevant files like /etc/X11/XF86Config files missing.
>

> Seeing the inittab file under /etc, I think at least the console
> display should be working. Please see the attached inittab file
> entries & give me a hint.
>

> I mean if a just want a normal Linux console prompt, where
> configuration file should I specify that?

Make sure you use RedBoot's console channel #0 (verify this with
the 'channel' command).

Past that, these are Linux questions which are out of scope for this
list.  You should ask them of either Cirrus or the Linux/ARM crowd.