[ECOS] Accessing custom built driver functions in eCos.

Andrew Lunn andrew@lunn.ch
Mon Mar 21 13:17:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 07:01:52PM +1200, John Taylor wrote:
> I?ve had some trouble with accessing original device driver functions
> written for eCos v2.0. Whenever the application source attempts to access a
> function in the device driver, the function source is not recognised. E.g.
> a simple function such as modem_wait_incoming_call(void*); written as a
> device driver with an associated prototype included in a header file
> produces the error: ?undefined reference to
> modem_wait_incoming_call(&input))?. This problem is solved if the driver
> file is included within the application code, however if it is possible I
> would like to avoid this. Do I need to modify devtab.h?
> If anyone has any input on what may resolve this issue, I would be very
> grateful.

Hi John

Let see if i understand you correctly.

You have added a new package to eCos which is a device driver. This
device driver has a header file and at least one function, which is
called modem_wait_incoming_call().

When do you get the error, during compilation or during linking?

        Andrew