[ECOS] Getting and compiling ECOS or is there an archive?

Linux HA linuxha@comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 00:17:00 GMT 2005

Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 19:46 -0500, Linux HA wrote:

> If you can build RedBoot, then you've got the pieces you need.
> What sort of problems are you having?
> Which examples have you tried and what went wrong?
>
> You could try this example:
>   http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples/build_hello.html
> Just use your desired platform (eb40a) where it uses "viper"

First let me apologize, I think I over did it. Where most
people wouldn't use google I googled too much. In the
process I found a lot of old info. Though I did find the
Linux & Windows install instructions frustrating (basically
self referencing links).

Also I did find the cvs instructions but failed to
read them properly. I missed the "new repository using
the Build->Repository menu". That would have helped a
lot.

Here's what I did:

1) used the sh ecos-install.tcl to get ecos
2) I then did a cvs update (needed EB40A)
3) Failed to Build->Repository
4) executed the following OK:

export PATH=/opt/ecos/gnutools/arm-elf/bin:/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/tools/bin:$PATH
export ECOS_REPOSITORY=/opt/ecos/ecos_cvs/ecos/packages
export ARCH_DIR=arm
export TARGET=eb40a
export PLATFORM_DIR=at91/eb40a
export REDBOOT_CFG=redboot_ROM
export VERSION=current

if [ ! -d /tmp/${REDBOOT_CFG} ]; then
     mkdir /tmp/${REDBOOT_CFG}
fi
cd /tmp/${REDBOOT_CFG}
ecosconfig new ${TARGET} redboot
ecosconfig import
${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/${ARCH_DIR}/${PLATFORM_DIR}/${VERSION}/misc/${REDBOOT_CFG}.ecm
ecosconfig tree
make

5) when into /opt/ecos/ecos_cvs/ecos/examples and got this:

mozart(pts/2)$ make
Makefile:9: $(INSTALL_DIR): No such file or directory
Makefile:9: /include/pkgconf/ecos.mak: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/include/pkgconf/ecos.mak'.  Stop.

I'm unable to find an ecos.mak on my system.

Thanks

--
Linux Home Automation                 Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/     (Text only)