[ECOS] 2 Questions, CVS & RAM setup

Linux HA linuxha@comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 16:21:00 GMT 2005

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:13:15PM -0500, Linux HA wrote:

>>mozart(pts/2)$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos login
>>Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:2401/cvs/ecos
>>CVS password:
>>cvs [login aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer

> Works for me. I suggest you talk to your network administrator and see
> if your firewall is causing you a problem.

I tried it again a little later without the 2401 and it worked
fine. I'm guessing that the 2401 was causing me some problems.

I'm the admin and I don't think that any ports are blocked
going out. Except for MS stuff (Netbios et al).

>>Second question. I'm working with the AT91EB40A board.
>>I have external RAM (@0x2000000). When I attempt to
>>d/l an srec (compiled by gcc, no libraries) It complains
>>that I doesn't have any RAM there. How do I tell the
>>compile that I have RAM at 0 (256K internal after remap)
>>and RAM at 0x2000000 (External, 1Mx16)?
>

> Are you getting a linker error, or is redboot telling you you have not
> RAM there?

No linker error, arm-elf-gcc worked fine.

> If redboot is the problem you have two options:
>
> 1) Disable the checking so that it will allow you to load to any
> address. You need to disable CYGSEM_REDBOOT_VALIDATE_USER_RAM_LOADS.
>
> 2) Let Redboot know about your extra memory. You need to set
> CYGBLD_REDBOOT_MAX_MEM_SEGMENTS to 2 and implement the function
> cyg_plf_memory_segment() which reports the extra memory
> locations. Take a look at cyg_start() in redboot/src/main.c and
> hal/powerpc/moab/current/src/hal_aux.c:cyg_plf_memory_segment() for an
> example.

Thanks, I'll try the second one, that looks like it will
do what I want. :-)

--
Linux Home Automation                 Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/     (Text only)