[ECOS] eCos configuration tool broken?

Erik Christiansen erik@dd.nec.com.au
Wed Mar 16 07:52:00 GMT 2005

eCos: ecos-2.0
Host: Debian GNU 3.0

G'day,

   Running "configtool /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages erik1.ecc" starts
the "eCos configuration tool", plus a pop-up of the same name, claiming
that "/mnt/root/opt/ecos/erik1.cc is not a valid file". Hitting OK
terminates configtool.

   Searching the archive revealed bug 1000095, which might give a clue.
Do I have another case of the tool using NtCreateFile instead of
CreateFile? (Could it be failing due to my symlink: /opt ->
/mnt/root/opt/ ? To test whether a mount would work instead, I'd need a
vacant disk partition, unfortunately. I'll try to think of another way
to test path sensitivity.)

   Grateful for any hint. (I'm busting to see something happen, after
all the RTM. :-)

Erik