[ECOS] linux client---synthetic target ecos application

B.E.Comp Project comp.project@gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 08:51:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

i tried using grub for running ecos hello.bin

menu.lst contained:

# Example GRUB boot menu configuration file for eCos

default 0
timeout 30

# eCos hello test from fd0
title eCos - hello.bin fd0
root (fd0)
kernel /boot/hello.bin

# eCos hello test from fd0
title eCos - hello fd0
root (fd0)
kernel /boot/hello

1)
when i tried to run hello.bin, i got the message:

Booting 'eCos -hello.bin fd0'

root (fd0)
	Filesystem type is fat, using whole disk
kernel /boot/hello.bin
	[Linux -zImage, setup=0x800, size=0xce80]

This seems fine , but screen remains blank.

Hello eCos World !       is not displayed

		What cud be the reason?

(This was the same hello.bin that i tested earlier after doing dd into
fd0, and it did display
Hello eCos World ! then.)

2)
when i tried hello, i got the message something like:

format not supported

What all types are supporrted ?
In the example menu.lst provided in ecos repository, what is the
format of the files
tm_basic, tcp_echo,... ?

-Rohan