[ECOS] Multiple ethernet interfaces and GDB

Bob Koninckx bob.koninckx@fmtc.be
Fri Mar 4 15:57:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have one PC with two identical ethernet cards. The first one is only
visible to redboot and is to be used for debugging.

The second one is only enabled in the application and should be reserved
_exclusively_ for the application, that is, I do not want redboot to
interfere whatsoever. (We have good reasons _not_ to share an ethernet
interface between redboot and the application)

All goes well until

packages/io/eth/current/src/net/eth_drv.c, line 390

#ifdef CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_DIAG
 FIXME Should not touch this when DATA vectors are not claimed.
 Set up interfaces so debug environment can share this device
    {
        void *dbg = CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA();
        if (!dbg) {
            CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA_SET((void *)sc);
        }
    }
#endif

After this, the card I do not want redboot to touch is now used for
debugging :-(

Any ideas or suggestions on how to work around this?

Thanks,
Bob