[ECOS] How to enable POSIX message queue in eCos environment?

Ellen zh.yi.99@gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 19:55:00 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to eCos and trying to run on Linux synthetic target.  Have a
question here for using POSIX message queue in eCos.

I noticed in the reference manual, it is mentioned that "The presence
of message queues is controlled by the CYGPKG_POSIX_MQUEUES option.
Setting this option will cause _POSIX_MESSAGE_PASSING to be defined
and the message queue API to be make available."  In my case, I
checked the ecos.ecc and pkgconf/isoinfra.h, I have the option
CYGINT_ISO_MQUEUE (instead of CYGPKG_POSIX_MQUEUES) set to 0, which
consequently makes the _POSIX_MESSAGE_PASSING undefined.  So when
compiling, I got the error of undeclared "O_CREAT" and implicit
declaration of "mq_open".

Since the CYGINT_ISO_MQUEUE is automatically defined in configtool, I
went back to the configuration tool, try to set this option.
Unfortunately, I found that under the "POSIX message queues", the
"maximum number of open message queues" is grey and its value is 0.

Anybody can help to set this mqueue option and make the message queue
API available?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Ellen