[ECOS] Building Redboot for Arm processors and gcc4.0

stewart hamilton stewart.hamilton@varianinc.com
Wed Jun 29 01:36:00 GMT 2005

Hi All,

Downloaded  the latest snapshots from

http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/snapshots.shtml

and down loaded  the  latest version of the configuration tool from

http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

My target is Atmel EB55.

I am able to build the default configuration.

But when I try  and build Redboot. I get an  error  due to the #error  at
line 80  in
....\packages\hal\arm\arch\current\src\redboot_linux_exec.c

I was  under the impression that this problem had been fixed in releases
after ecos 2.0...
see   thread  "Error building standard
templates"   http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-05/msg00040.html

Also has  anybody tried building and using the ecos when compiled with
gcc4.0.0  Particularly  with regard to ARM processors?
I am aware of the need to remove the -mno-short-load-words in the gcc
options  etc.

I prefer to run with the latest stable release of gcc. So  wondering if
anybody  has had any runtime issues.

Regards

Stewart